Monday, August 19, 2019

And I'm back again...

Hello Dwellers of A Third Universe,

Apparently me staying consistent on a blog is pretty much impossible...  Not gonna lie, hit a rough patch there. Feeling better now.

So, queries were rejected or ignored, stories were rejected and overall the whole 'let's get me published' vibe was dying...  But, I wrote--everyday--as always. About three weeks ago, I hit my stride again, so that's good. Have some new short pieces about to be edited, a novella in the works and started sending stuff out again.

As of right now:

1 Story submitted to Analog awaiting judgment.
1 Story submitted to Uncanny awaiting judgment.
1 Story entered into L. Ron Hubbard's Writers of the Future for the 4th quarter.
1 Novel submitted to DAW (a Penguin imprint and all around amazing SF/F publisher.) directly with no agent.

So, we're rolling the proverbial dice. (Pray for a natural 20 to whatever God(dess) pleases you!)

My world outside of my writing revolves around work, pain management, Baseball Cards (84K and counting), marrying Stef, and the furry kids. (These are not in order.)

The world outside of my life is scary and full of people hurting each other and then arguing about better ways to stop hurting each other. They seem to think if they can blame one group or another, then everything will be okay. Some people are horrible. It's on the inside. Doesn't matter what they look like, what religion they are or who they voted for. We, as a society, are just making this worse. I will also say, people need to stop pointing out that the people who caused these atrocities had depression. Depression didn't cause this. Millions of people are depressed and don't kill other people.

I don't have the answers. I just know that taking it out on each other is why we're here. Just be kinder to each other...  Is that really so hard?

Anyway, that's as political and in tune with the world as I am willing to publicly get.

Hope all is well out in the Universe. Hopefully, I will have some good news soon.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment