Monday, January 6, 2020

New Year... Time to reboot.

Hello peoples.

As it is the first Sunday of the year, I am writing my first blog post. I think I will try to make this a weekly thing, but we will see what happens.

Anyway, I took a brief break after missing my first day of writing in nearly two years. I needed to step back. This is good though. Since the 1st, I am trying to reset. It's a bit of a struggle as there have been things happening.

1 - Got a new job. Start in a few weeks. Transitions are stressful.
2 - Moved. It took multiple trips. In a house now. Have a room that is primarily for writing and sorting the 250,000 baseball cards I own.
3 - Started using a cane to walk. The sciatica came back in October and I can't get the procedure until February, so I'm stuck with a cane. My new job is a desk one, so that will also help with pain management.

So, in a new house, weeks away from a new job and trying to not hurt, I am getting ready to relaunch a blog, query my finished book, continue writing at least 500 words a day (5 for 5 as of today), submit some stories, edit, and just generally get back on the ball.

Life is a pain sometimes, but my wife is amazing and I have some pretty epic friends.

So, let's see where this takes us this year.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment