Friday, May 9, 2014

Hello Novella!

Well then...  I was procrastinating, when a Goodreads friend asked how the writing was going?  As you can imagine, I went into "Oh crap, I'm caught!" mode and started writing.

And I am glad I did!

We have officially entered Novella territory!!!!
Now I know that there was confusion about the difference between Novelette and Novella and I realized the mistake I was making when I described it so I want to clarify....

Novelette: 7,500–17,500 words
Novella: 17,500–40,000 words

So NOW we are in Novella land and heading toward the land of short novels.  :D

Hey look, it's an Update:
17,775 words over 64 pages.  The first four chapters are still being refined while I add randomness to the middle of the book.

It was a good night for writing.  1,694 words added!

Thank you to Hope for reminding me of what I said I was going to do tonight, to Cari for keeping my head in check and to Carly for constantly reminding me of why I am doing this.

Sometimes we all need a good reminder or kick or someone to understand...

I think I'm lucky when it comes to friends, even if it means that I am not when it comes to anything more...

Orson Scott Card tells us that the life of a true writer is a lonely one.  I hear you buddy...

Goodnight Travelers.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment