Wednesday, April 23, 2014

One Thousand a Night...

So, it has become a habit over the last week or so to write at least One Thousand words a night.  I picked this up from Ray Bradbury's "Zen in the Art of Fiction".  It's a lot harder than it may sound.  In his world you literally pick a word from a running list of nouns and then blast off for One Thousand or so words...  I have gotten close on most days, with yesterday being my best by far when I added 1,500 or so to the book.

(I like book better than novel...  Don't know why, I just do.)

Which brings me to my nightly update:

The Book is now at 3,160 words.  The first 6-ish pages are done.  (Pre-editing)  I now have a total of 12 pages of disjointed thoughts that will eventually form this book.

I added 988 tonight.  Close enough to One Thousand for me...

Time to sleep.  Good night world.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment