Friday, April 25, 2014

The Muse hath Struck...

So today was a good day.  Even though the power was out until after 1, I got an email from a friend that has read some of my writing.  All I will say here about that is that this particular person made my whole day better!

With that email, I blasted into writing, went to my Thursday Night class, came home and wrote more.  It has been a good day for writing and all because of one person.

I also went to the library in Bremerton (Sylvan Way) and picked up 5 books on writing.  I figure researching what other authors and even the publishers or editors have to say on the subject is always something that can only be helpful.  I mean, hell, Bradbury sent me running right into writing.  I know not every book will be as good as Bradbury's, but even if I only get one thing that makes a difference, then it was worth it.

Totals for the night:
I believe Chapter 1 is "First Draft" complete.
I am at 6,092 words and 23 disjointed, but slowly finding each other, pages.
That means I hacked out 1,619 total words towards my goal.  Excellent...

1,619 words...  And you wonder why I called you my Muse.

Thank you Kelsey.

Goodnight people.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment