Wednesday, July 15, 2015

More reading and other fun stuff...

So I finished my 39th book of the year (and incidentally 16th Kurt Vonnegut novel overall) this morning.  I also started Margaret Atwood's "The Handmaid's Tale" this afternoon.  I've been reading a lot and my Goodreads account is faithfully following along.

I still think Goodreads is the best social media site ever.  The fact that you can interact with people, but most of us ignore each other for the books, is phenomenal.

Work is nuts...  Had some crazy and rude people over the last few days.   It makes for interesting writing material...  Speaking of which....

So I was on the bus, heading to work.  An old man who I had seen multiple times before was already on board and the driver had just stepped out to stretch.  The old man sat quietly and then calmly said to nobody, "Well, it's gonna be our time to die pretty soon..."   I don't think he even knew I was there and I was so taken aback that I couldn't even say anything.  I just watched him with a sad curiosity.

During the ride, the old man started having an outward but silent argument with someone.  He waved his fingers and made fists in the air while he mounted a verbal assault on the ears of no-one that could hear him.  This continued sporadically throughout the bus ride.  Punching the seat with little to no force, he stated some very harsh words in imperceptible grunts.

I couldn't help but to feel sad for this man...  He may have relived some of his life while at the same time accepting his mortality.  Intense stuff...

Hopefully he is still around for a bit.  

Hopefully I take a lesson and get off of my third point of contact to write...

We will see...

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment