Sunday, July 19, 2015

Revisiting an old friend... a.k.a. an old story...

So I printed all of my notes for my massive Post-Apocalyptic epic.  Keep in mind that this has been developing for just over five years.  I started putting this together in Afghanistan in 2010 under the direct influence of Fallout 3 (Thank you Bethesda!) as well as the band Coheed & Cambria.  (The story of Claudio Sanchez developing an entire world through their music was mind-numbing.)

This story has been on again, off again for five long years...

So here we are again.  This time, I am looking to study my notes and write short stories about the people, events, places and things involved in the story.  The goal is to weave these together at some future point, creating a cohesive book...  At least this is what I got from Brian Herbert's advice.

Hopefully, I will stick to it...  This could be the way forward.

SNHU should kick off around the end of September.  This means I will be in classes that will force me to write.  If given any free reign, I will develop the story throughout my classes and submit the pieces for review...  ;)

Finished The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.  Pretty damn awesome book.

Started Stephen King's book, On Writing....  :)

And now a song that's in my head...

"Been talking about the way things change,
And my family lives in a different state,
And if you don't know what to make of this, then we will not relate,
So if you don't know what to make of this, then we will not relate..."

Rivers and Roads by The Head and The Heart

Goodnight people.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment